The official website for Menjangan Resort. Discover the other side of Bali. Menjangan Resort offers you a unique chance to experience the natural treasures within the BaliBaratNational Park, near MenjanganIsland. Set amidst 382 hectares; experience Menjangan Resort from the forest to the mangrove to the coral reef.
Each accommodation option we offer promises a different experience, choose to be on the water’s edge, nestled in the heart of the forest or perched on a cliff overlooking the sea.
Experience the beauty of Menjangan Resort with one of our many activities. Kayak through our secret mangrove maze. Dive or snorkel on one of the most beautiful coral reefs in Bali. Venture through the forest on horseback.
Our personalized service, warmth and hospitality make Menjangan Resort the first choice for an adventure in Bali.
Come discover the other side of Bali.
Menjangan Resort is committed to ensuring the sustainability of the region. Here are just some of the things we do to improve and preserve the park for future generations.
- Buildings are constructed with environmentally friendly materials that merge in to the surroundings. Wood is used for decking and walls. Grass is used to create canopies and roofing.
- Buildings are raised above the ground to allow water absorption.
- Roads are constructed using Macadam process. This is a road surface made from small pieces of layered stone that hold strong in both wet and dry season while still allowing rain water absorption.
- We will not physically develop more than 10% of the total area.
- We plant only endemic and native trees.
- We provide watering holes and salt lick for all the animals across the park, when their natural ones dry out.
- Our dedicated team of beach cleaners, collect the rubbish carried by the currents from the major surrounding cities. Guests are welcome to take a bag and join our team, we feel its important to give back to the sea.
- Local farmers turn our horse manure into Plant Fertilizer
- We recycle water and breakdown waste within the resort.
Menjangan is situated on the North West coast of Bali. This trip normally takes 3.5 hours by car from Denpasar. The journey takes you past rice terraces and local villages. Take your time and enjoy, this is not a trip you want to sleep through! There are 2 main routes to reach the resort. The first route is through mid west of Bali. Travelling through Bedugul, Munduk and Seririt where the main scenery is mountain, lakes & rice terraces. The second path is along the west coast of Bali. Past Tabanan, Negara and Cekik. The main attractions are the west coast line and the small cities with their traditional culture and open hospitality.
Bali is located near the equator bringing warmth all year round. The year is divided in to wet season and dry season. Wet Season runs from December through to April bringing Monsoon rains and humidity. The area is lush, green and full of life. Dry Season has much to offer also. Dry season introduces muted browns to the jungles landscape, the entire park takes on a new aura. Animals flock to the man made watering holes and are easily visible through the thinned trees.